Monday, December 6, 2010

List of Things I May Never Get To Do. Ever.

1. Work at the AO in some capacity. Any capacity that allows me to have access to players. Preferably as umpire, so I can deduct points from people I hate. Or driver, even though I'm pretty sure I'd get them lost in my own city. Meh, I'm not too proud to be players' dining room server. I WILL SERVE THEM FOOD, DAMNIT.

2. Become a world-famous tennis player. Those dreams shattered in Year 8 PE.

3. Find a piano teacher who is willing to teach my Grade 1 arse so that I can play something other than elementary crap. They all hated me when I was younger - I've only become much worse since.

4. Know how to cook several dishes at the drop of a (chef's) hat. Without recipes. Or, be able to invent recipes at a moment's notice and not kill everyone at the table.

5. Invent a gadget that is amazingly useful and instantly popular - market, mass-produce, millionaire!

6. Wake up to find that 9 years of French study has suddenly returned to my noggin, ready to use. Also, discover that 0 years of Spanish study is not a problem - yo hablo espaƱol tan fluido como locales. Es como magia!

7. Write a novel/screenplay. I'll settle for writing a novel that becomes a screenplay. The get-rich-and-famous part is implied.

8. Be discovered as the next Broadway star while singing a Wicked number to myself on the streets (the dancing is negligible, obviously). That, or become homeless and become a theatre squatter - povo, Oz-style!

9. Live in a hotel. More Eloise than Oliver Trask though. And preferably, I'd own the shit out of that building too.

10. Meet Kate Moennig. The become-her-best-friend-and-confidante-and-shopping-partner part is implied.

No comments: